Dr. Crume is a board-certified Colon and Rectal Surgeon practicing in Salt Lake City and Utah County. She treats all aspects of colorectal disease including colon and rectal cancer, anal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, colonoscopy for cancer screening, and all aspects of proctology including hemorrhoids, anal fissures, fistulas, and anal warts. She also specializes in pelvic floor treatment focusing on fecal incontinence and rectal prolapse.
Dr. Crume is originally from Texas. She received her Bachelor of Science in Biology from McMurry University in Abilene, Texas, and her medical degree from The University of North Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. She did her general surgery training at Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine. She completed her colorectal fellowship in Salt Lake City.
Dr. Crume is one of the few colorectal surgeons in the state of Utah who performs sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence. She also has a robust practice treating recurrent rectal prolapse.
She is a skilled laparoscopic and robotic surgeon providing minimally invasive surgery for a variety of diseases including colon and rectal cancer, diverticulitis, and inflammatory bowel disease. She also performs transanal minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS) for rectal lesions saving some patients from larger bowel resections.
Dr. Crume is a Texan at heart but loves her adopted state of Utah. When not practicing medicine, she can be found hiking, skiing, or playing golf.
- All aspects of colon and rectal surgery
- Robotic and laparoscopic surgery
- Screening, diagnostic, and therapeutic colonoscopy
- Specialized treatments for fecal incontinence such as sacral nerve stimulator implantation
- Colon, Rectal, and Anal Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, including both Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease
- Benign diseases of the anus and rectum, including ailments such as hemorrhoids, fistulas, fissures, and abscesses.
- These are typically the most common problems for which colon and rectal surgeons provide care.
Society Memberships and Activities:
- Member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Northwest Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- Faculty for St. Marks Hospital Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Multidisciplinary Program.
- All of our doctors participate with other local physicians from three hospitals in specialties including gastroenterology, radiology, and pathology so that they can make multidisciplinary decisions for patients with complex cases of inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Multidisciplinary cancer care.
- All of our doctors participate with other local physicians from two hospitals in specialties including medical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, and pathology so that they can make multidisciplinary treatment recommendations for patients with complex cases of colorectal cancer.
- University of North Texas; Fort Worth, TX
- Maine Medical Center; Portland, ME
- St. Mark's Hospital; Salt Lake City, UT
- Board Certified
- Surgery, Colon and Rectal Surgery